Web Accounts on Webserve
www.indiana.edu, www.iupui.edu, www.iun.edu, www.iuk.edu, www.iue.edu
Table of Contents
Applying for an Account
- General Account Information
- Find out who can request an account on Webserve (www.indiana.edu, www.iupui.edu, www.iun.edu, and www.iuk.edu), the cost, and the restrictions on account content and usage.
- Getting Started Guide
- Read this if you've never applied for a Webserve account before.
- Web Account Service Charges
- See here for our current web account service charges and to find out more about billing.
- Create or Manage Web Account authenticate using your personal account
- Once you have created the group username in the Account Management Service, you can apply for a web account using this application. To access it, you will need to authenticate using your personal Network ID (username and passphrase).
Other Services Available for Webserve accounts
Items in this section may require IU Network ID Authentication
- Update Your Webserve Account Information - authenticate using your personal Network ID (username and passphrase)
- To update information about a specific account, click the link above and enter your personal IU account username and passphrase when prompted. As the owner, if you own multiple accounts then you may list all of the accounts you own and the associated services for those account.
- Delete Request for a Web Account - authenticate using your personal Network ID (username and passphrase)
- The owner of an account may use this application to close a web account. If the owner is unknown, retired or has left IU, please contact the IU Webmaster for assistance.
- Transferring Web Account Ownership
- The owner of an account may transfer ownership of a web account to another appropriate owner. If the owner is unknown, retired or has left IU, please contact the IU Webmaster for assistance.
- Rename Request for a Web Account
- It is highly recommended that you create a new web account and redirect the old site. If you wish to redirect web site visitors to your new account name, you should not rename the account but instead request a new account and use the current account to redirect visitors to the site's new location. This redirect can be in place for 6 months at which point you should close your old account. If you rename the account, web site visitors who use the web address of the previous account name will receive a 404 Not Found error message.
- Changing or Resetting Your Webserve Passphrase
- This Knowledge Base document provides instructions on how to change the passphrase for your web account and how to get it reset if you have forgotten it. When changing or resetting the web account's passphrase, please be aware that it will change the passphrase for all computer accounts with that username (e.g., email).
- Passwords and Passphrases
- This entry from the Knowledge Base gives general information about passphrases and passwords on UITS systems.
- Setting Your Preferred E-mail Address
- This Knowledge Base entry provides instructions for setting your preferred e-mail address. Please note that you must login to the Account Management Service (AMS) using your web account username in order to set the preferred e-mail address for your web account.
- E-mail at IU
- This Knowledge Base menu provides answers to frequently asked questions about e-mail at IU.